Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Requests, Public Records And Otherwise

On 12-09-2004, Lisa LaDeRoute posted this discouraged comment on her CourtTV Message Board: "Well here it is the 9th of Dec., the DA's office was suppose to respond to my written request by 12/10/04. According to the Penal codes, and regulations that I sited. I'm not surprised that I haven't even received an acknowledgement. I'm going to mail another copy, the first I sent by fax, and I'm going to hand deliver another copy to the court house, which will include a proof of service. I want to make sure there is no room for debate that they did not receive my written request. Then I will proceed with the legal action. Wish me luck!"

On 05-11-2005, she says: "Well today's the day I'm suppose to contact one of the authorities who made a formal report, about 2 weeks ago, to the DA requesting that I receive all the information in his file regarding my sister's case, including my sister's remains. I've been trying not to be too optomistic. After all, the request was already denied by another authority, who is not involved in the case in anyway, less than 2 months ago.

Still, I've been trying to think about funeral plans, just so I'm not caught off guard, if they do release my sister's remains. I'm really not sure how to approach the services after all this time. I guess I'll find out today, whether or not I need to make those plans.

I'm dreading making that call. My feeling is if the request had been approved last week, which is when I was told the decision would be made, then I'm pretty sure someone would have already called me. I just need to make sure I'm prepared for yet another major disappointment, before I make that call.


Regular readers here know that the DA does not like to comply with Public Records Act Requests. She has posted pdf's of correspondence and other documents at www.2006justiceforall.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are closed for the time-being.