Thursday, July 19, 2007

Murder sentencing continued (NOTATION ADDED)

.
The sentencing for convicted murderer Thomas Arthur Applegate was postponed Thursday afternoon to Aug. 21 at 2 p.m.

Humboldt County Deputy District Attorney Allan Dollison stood in for Humboldt County DA Paul Gallegos, who is prosecuting the case, and Humboldt County Deputy Public Defender Blair Angus represented Humboldt County Public Defender Kevin Robinson, who is defending Applegate.

On June 22, a jury convicted Applegate of the murder of Joey Patrick Church and the attempted murder of Ross Condemi, and sentencing was scheduled for Thursday.

On behalf of Robinson, Angus requested a continuance of 30 days, which Humboldt County Superior Court Judge John T. Feeney granted. The Eureka Reporter 7/19/2007
_______________

ADDED: Allan Dollison served Humboldt County's DA's office for 6 years and 4 months. He details his record, and his reasons for leaving here - ◼ My record at the DA's Office - Allan Dollison/for the Times-Standard
__________________

NOTATION: 7/13/2013 - It's an interesting aspect of this blog that other people often get caught in the net, based on their entrance into the Gallegos saga. And so their names live online, to be unearthed whenever they apply for a job. Sometimes the searches that lead people here are for other reasons, but it usually has to do with a job search.

And, so it is that Allan Dollison appears here. His time with the DA's office has come and gone, he rose through Gallegos' ranks, and was slated, some said, to become Assistant DA. He was a loyal player, and, I believe, a true believer.

Through my work here, I am often kept informed about cases, how they're handled, how the various Deputy DA's do their job, interact with victims, and so forth.

And I feel it necessary to say this. I have come to the conclusion, that, for all his past mistake, Allan Dollison turned out to be one of the best and most honest of the bunch, far surpassing his boss, Paul Gallegos.

He has since left the DA's office, and, as is often the case when people leave, I get the chance to talk to them. I have talked with Allan Dollison. And, to his credit, he never once asked me to remove any of this info, as damaging as it is to him. I respect that, and I think it's noteworthy.

If you're looking to hire him, it's worthy of consideration.

I'm not pulling anything down, as that would be a disservice to the facts as they have unfolded, but I am adding this, to mitigate that online-lives-forever reality.