May 8, 2007
To: Paul Gallegos
Humboldt County District Attorney's Office
PUBLIC RECORD ACT REQUEST - TIME SENSITIVE
Please provide the following:
1. The monthly CAST statistics kept by your office for January 1, 2006 through April 30, 2007 including but not limited to:
a. the CAST Interview Summary (a breakdown of interviews by gender, age, ethnicity, interview type, and referring agency.)
b. the CAST DA Summary containing the breakdown of interviews conducted, cases referred to the DA, cases filed by the DA, cases rejected by the DA, the dispositions of cases and whether they were felony or misdemeanors, whether there was a plea or jury trial, the breakdown in sentencing and whether probation or prison was imposed and the breakdown in length of time of sentences.
c. The CAST Law Enforcement summaries for January 1, 2006 through April 30, 2007, including but not limited to the numbers of interviews brought by each agency and cases submitted by each agency.
2. Case numbers of all child abuse/CAST cases filed by your office between January 1, 2006 and April 30, 2007
3. CAST interview sheets containing the names of all law enforcement and CAST personnel who attended each CAST interview between January 1, 2006 and April 30, 2007 with the understanding that no identifying information of any victim or the victim's family is being requested.
4. Sign in or attendance sheets for all CAST meetings held between January 1, 2006 and April 30, 2007
5. Copies of all minutes and agendas from all CAST advisory monthly meetings from January 2006 to present.
6. Copies of all minutes and agendas from all CAST executive board meetings from January 2006 to present.
A. This is a request made under the California Public Records Act. [Government Code 6250-6277].
B. By law you have 10 calendar days in which to respond to this request. [Government Code 6253(c)].
A matter of priorities
ER - Former deputy DA speaks out
ER - Candidates spar over child abuse team
ER - DA's Office yet to respond to request for child abuse records
ER - CAST established with child victims in mind
ER - CAST needs support Gallegos is not providing