Sunday, March 10, 2019

Talking with Van Jones at #CPAC2019

The Van Jones Show 3/9/2019 | CNN


Wow! It was great seeing my interview with Van Jones at CPAC last night on CNN. What a sharp, intelligent, charismatic man. YA-YA, not me! LOL!

Watch the whole show ABOVE, scroll to 34:02 and again at 36:54 to see my conversation with Van Jones.

He was not only genuinely nice to me but it quickly became clear that he cared about what I was saying and gave feedback that brought us together in a wonderful way I had not immediately expected. It was a level of communication that I hope all of us can achieve with those of differing view points.

We had quite a discussion, and a lot of it ended up on the cutting room floor, which is how these things go. Several issues that didn't get on the air: we talked in detail about my vision of 'bootstrap' issues, things that the public wants done and that Congress is not doing, that the people want done and dissension is keeping us from focusing on.

Some of those issues are equity issues - meaningful equity issues. Credit rating reforms, honest auto and home loan criteria, veteran home loan reforms. All things being equal minorities home loan applicants are not approved in a disproportionately high level. Home ownership is, for most Americans, the number one way to a increase their wealth and their credit rating and security. We need to rip out the imbedded racial obstacles in that process. Criminal sentencing reforms Which is what Van Jones was there to address) and many other issues. We both agreed we don't want a color blind society, we want a society that accepts, honors and relishes our differences and our diversity.

We talked about other issues like dredging Humboldt Harbor, paving our streets, California water infrastructure issues - you know - lots of the bootstrap issues.

I felt that Van and I could work together in the future and it's going to be a great collaboration. I am going to invite him to join me on our cowboy horse ride around the capitol this summer: (Gavin Clarkson put on a fun Event in DC. A whole herd of Cowboys rode their horses all around the White House & the Capitol. I've already got the plans for this summer, they will be doing it again. I will be driving a buggie.)


You have to take the 1st step, you have to be willing to talk to people that you may not feel are willing to talk to you and, hey, you just might find out that they're just like Van Jones and Dennis Mayo and they're willing to communicate.

Happy trails, Keep your spurs dry and hope to see you soon, Van.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are closed for the time-being.